Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: BAFTA Awards - BBM Won 4 - Thought & Reaction  (Read 221111 times)

Offline streetskater

• Alma Jr.
Re: LIVE THREAD: BAFTA Awards - BBM Won 4 - Thought & Reaction
« Reply #660 on: Feb 20, 2006, 10:34 PM »
Hi, Streetskater , recognise you from GT.

Thre is a post in the Treasure chest post

http://xsorbit30.com/users5....
this tells you how to download YOUTube vids.
 It took me a wee while to do it, as there are many music vids there that I wanted.
Tom

That URL Does work--I just need to get behind the scenes a bit and figure out how!  :-)
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2006, 10:38 PM by streetskater »

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #661 on: Feb 20, 2006, 10:34 PM »
Good night, Tom. Sleep tight and sweet dreams.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #662 on: Feb 20, 2006, 11:08 PM »
Upload just finished

Part 8 of the BAFTAS

http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=20S0W00PM6E8H0U0H3FS4Y0EKL

Definitely bed now

Tom
Actually, "life does get better than this"

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #663 on: Feb 20, 2006, 11:13 PM »
OMG, Tom. You are still up. Thanks for the part 8. Much appreciated. Now please get some sleep.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #664 on: Feb 20, 2006, 11:19 PM »
For those that were wondering about Heath and the screenplay award. Yes he did get up and accept it on david and dianas behalf. He almost forgot, clapping away then suddenly realized he was to be up there. had a note from diana that he read out. very cute and heath nervous

I just love Ledger being so awkward in real life, and yet so superb an actor!  I am thrilled for Gyllenhaal winning the best supporting actor.  Ledger, nonetheless, wins as best actor for me personally, regardless of the outcome!  :)

Offline CherryCake

• Jack
  • You want a piece of me? YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME??!!
« Reply #665 on: Feb 20, 2006, 11:27 PM »
Upload just finished

Part 8 of the BAFTAS

http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=20S0W00PM6E8H0U0H3FS4Y0EKL

Definitely bed now

Tom
TOM U ROCK... I have been watching the clips as you upload them... I dont know how you did, but it is greatly appreciat

Sweet Dreams, Tom

THANKKSSSSS
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2006, 11:41 PM by CherryCake »
"Want some coffee, don't you? Piece a cherry cake?"

Hit me up on Yahoo: PieceOfCherryCake

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #666 on: Feb 21, 2006, 12:23 AM »
OMG, Tom. You are still up. Thanks for the part 8. Much appreciated. Now please get some sleep.

He's not the only one...lol

Hi Folks,here is the link for the clips i have put together of the BAFTA's. Probably not much different to Tom's? I converted them into mpeg and put all the BBM awards together,also added Ang and Jake's red carpet interviews with Ruby.I think Tom uploaded the whole awards show for you.The links here if you want it.

Jennis.x

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1BQ4JXIV3R56O349JOUWE8WH7I

Two more piccies.I took these.Heath/Michelle one is a bit blurred as i was so cold my teeth were hammering.Could hardly hold the camera steady.I'm still uploading and sorting them out.But can't do any more tonight.Bed is calling.Night all.
Jennis.x

« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2006, 07:04 PM by Frog123 »

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #667 on: Feb 21, 2006, 12:25 AM »
He's not the only one...lol

Jennis, thanks so much for the clip and I will post it in the BAFTA video clip too. Now please get some sleep too.

Offline dirtbiker

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #668 on: Feb 21, 2006, 01:53 AM »
I wonder what Jake meant when he said the award/movie meant more to him socially than artistically?  Thoughts?

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #669 on: Feb 21, 2006, 03:10 AM »
Still going

Part 9 of BAFTA's

http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0LPDY2HCW6AEQ1N8Y3OCFQOAJY

Off to work now, last part when I get home

Tom

Offline monicita

• Jack
« Reply #670 on: Feb 21, 2006, 05:26 AM »
I wonder what Jake meant when he said the award/movie meant more to him socially than artistically?  Thoughts?

Dirtbiker,
I would say Jake wants to express what a watershed this movie is for the American consciousness concerning gay love, and maybe even more so for the subconscious. Bless him! What a darling.

monicita
Love is a many splendoured thing...

Offline alicat

• Lureen
Re:SCREEN CAPS... LIVE THREAD: BAFTA Awards (Feb 20)
« Reply #671 on: Feb 21, 2006, 11:16 AM »
This is Jake just before he went on stage to present.Stepehn Fry,the Bafta's presenter said this.

" To present this award,an incredibly talented young man,about whom i could wax lyrical all night.And indeed for whom last night.I just plain waxed.I hope he'll notice."...lol

He then went on to introduce him as the sensational Jake Gyllenhaal.Jake was shaking his head backstage and laughing.Heres a few piccies of it.

Jennis.x

Hi all,

Am loving reading this BAFTA thread.  I watched it all live on TV and I loved the intro Stephen gave to Jake when he went on to present an award.  Jake looked amused and he mouthed 'Oh man!' while waiting backstage, but was laughing as well.  Knowing what Stephen is like, I was waiting for him to say something smutty about Jake, and sure enough! 

Jake was genuinely shocked too when he won Best Supporting.  I truly think he did not expect to win, what with everyone hyping up Heath's performance in the film.  I think Jake (and everyone else for that matter) expected Clooney to win it.  His speech was just fab - he is such a genuine, funny bloke who doesn't take himself too seriously: exactly what Hollywood needs. 

Alicat
Did your folks stop at Ennis?

Offline alicat

• Lureen
« Reply #672 on: Feb 21, 2006, 11:20 AM »

Dirtbiker,

That was a question I was asking myself right after he said it.  Dunno but my first thought was 'he's trying to out himself.' Then I thought, maybe he means it means a lot to him PERSONALLY i.e he is proud to be awarded.  But to say 'socially' was an odd choice of word.  I sensed the audience were wondering as well what the hell he meant!

Alicat

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #673 on: Feb 21, 2006, 12:17 PM »
Last part of BAFTA's

http://s64.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3628R45NWTE3004PJEGZZKQF6N

Just got in from work..Of to have my din dins. Will be back later.  Hiya to all

Tom

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #674 on: Feb 21, 2006, 12:25 PM »

I think if i was to try and put that into perspective,then what Jake is trying to say is that the social awareness BBM has created probably makes him feel proud and honoured to of been involved in the making of this film.It's crazy in this day and age that it takes a movie to make people socially aware of prejudice.That's just my take on it.He might mean something totally different,but he comes across as a genuinely lovely person,and he has matured considerably since BBM.It's obviously had an impact on him too,and changed his views on how he sees things.

Jennis.x

Offline Rønnaug

• Mod-ChickY brigade
  • Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Eat the banana custard, or die!
« Reply #675 on: Feb 21, 2006, 01:24 PM »

I think if i was to try and put that into perspective,then what Jake is trying to say is that the social awareness BBM has created probably makes him feel proud and honoured to of been involved in the making of this film.It's crazy in this day and age that it takes a movie to make people socially aware of prejudice.That's just my take on it.He might mean something totally different,but he comes across as a genuinely lovely person,and he has matured considerably since BBM.It's obviously had an impact on him too,and changed his views on how he sees things.

Jennis.x

I just think he means he's gotten some really good friends out of it, Heath and Michelle. He is theyr daughters godfather :)
No matter how much jell-O you pour in the pool , you still can't walk on water

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #676 on: Feb 21, 2006, 02:01 PM »
i just think he means he's gotten some really good friends out of it, Heath and Michelle. He is theyr daughters godfather :)

Yes i know ,but i think it's a little more in depth then that.Being godfather to their child doesn't really have any bearing on what he said at his acceptance speech.

Jennis.x

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #677 on: Feb 21, 2006, 02:07 PM »
Here is the whole BAFTA show for those who asked and wanted to see it.

Some have asked me to u/load the earlier parts to Yousendit rather than Youtube asthey will then be able to save them all.

Ok will do but will not post again till complete.

Hope there'll be a few virtual Jack Daniels, Jim Beams, Wild Turkeys, Kisses, Cuddles and out and out snogs sent to me for the sleepless nights.  But folks as you know you are all worth it.

1.   http://www.youtube.com/?v=YV5RUTxOebA  Red Carpet

2.   http://www.youtube.com/?v=yyDyM3qYLho  Part 1

3.   http://www.youtube.com/?v=E17yx5Ihbu0  Part 2

4.   http://www.youtube.com/?v=fxl5k_IaMsE  Part 3

5.   http://www.youtube.com/?v=uTNrtlxUB5c  Part 4

6.   http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1B6GW9HIOKGX00CKU4BRRQ9ROE  Part 5

7.   http://www.youtube.com/?v=3raVkzDVm3o  Part 6

8.   http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=31PHV5W7HKD410W5HPLTJ606ZY  Part 7

9.   http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=20S0W00PM6E8H0U0H3FS4Y0EKL  Part 8

10.   http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0LPDY2HCW6AEQ1N8Y3OCFQOAJY  Part 9

11.   http://s64.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3628R45NWTE3004PJEGZZKQF6N  Final Part

Hope everyone is well tonight. Nice to be home

Tom   :-* :-*

Offline streetskater

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #678 on: Feb 21, 2006, 02:31 PM »
Tom,
Thanks again for all the BAFTA clips (well I think you pretty much did the whole show!).  I think these are the first BAFTA's I've ever seen.  Loved Stephen Fry--he was so in your face gay--and so eloquent about it.  Some of the actors were obviously uncomfortable with his jokes--and Fk 'em I say.  Even Jake was "surprised" by the "I Waxed for you"  joke but he at least took it good naturedly and in stride as did Matt Dillion--more than I can say for Patrick Stewart, Pierce Brosnan and some of those other tight-a brits :-)

I would like to know how Fry went over as a host--according to the British sensibilities--if anyone knows.  Here in the USA we might tolerate Ellen MC'ing a major award show but an MC as openingly gay in his hosting as Stephen Fry--USA isn't ready for that yet!  So Kudos to GB!

Jennis,
I agree.  There's more going on with Jake than we know yet.  We'll see what unfolds in the coming months.
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2006, 02:37 PM by streetskater »

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #679 on: Feb 21, 2006, 02:36 PM »
You are welcome streetskater. Enjoy. Stephen hosts one of the best shows here in the UK called QI. Very funny,very clever and too intelligent for a lot of the reality TV crowd.

He is so openly gay and can't be arsed by it.  I love this.  It makes everything he says all the funnier cos you don't know if he is meaning it or just being sarcastic

Tom

Offline filazahies

• Jack
« Reply #680 on: Feb 21, 2006, 02:50 PM »
HI, tombul. thanks so much for the clips. It's fantastic because I missed the BAFTAs and I was so mad!!
Tanks, thanks and thanks

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #681 on: Feb 21, 2006, 02:56 PM »

Some have asked me to u/load the earlier parts to Yousendit rather than Youtube asthey will then be able to save them all.

Ok will do but will not post again till complete.

Tom,not sure if you are aware of it,but i just checked the links and 5,7 and 8 have exceeded the bandwidth.So has my file.I'm just uploading it again to another site without restrictions.Just thought i would let you know while you are online.

Jennis.x

Offline stephan

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #682 on: Feb 21, 2006, 03:01 PM »

Tom, you are one special man, thanks so much for the posts !  :D

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #683 on: Feb 21, 2006, 03:02 PM »
I would like to know how Fry went over as a host--according to the British sensibilities--if anyone knows.  Here in the USA we might tolerate Ellen MC'ing a major award show but an MC as openingly gay in his hosting as Stephen Fry--USA isn't ready for that yet!  So Kudos to GB!

Jennis,
I agree.  There's more going on with Jake than we know yet.  We'll see what unfolds in the coming months.

Yes,hopefully some interviewer will ask him what he meant by it exactly.As for Mr Fry,well he's just Stephen Fry.We are used to his outrageouness,so it's not shocking,just funny as long as people have a sense of humour and don't take it too heart.lol

Jennis.x
Stephen took offence at Ang's reference to british cuisine though. ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2006, 03:03 PM by Jennis »

Offline alicat

• Lureen
« Reply #684 on: Feb 21, 2006, 03:10 PM »
>>>I would like to know how Fry went over as a host--according to the British sensibilities--if anyone knows.  Here in the USA we might tolerate Ellen MC'ing a major award show but an MC as openingly gay in his hosting as Stephen Fry--USA isn't ready for that yet!  So Kudos to GB!

Stephen Fry is very well thought of over here.  The gay humour and innuendo is all over the UK press to the extent that it has become part of who we are.  That is why people here don't bat an eyelid when someone is thought of as gay.  It is my feeling that Jake is gay but I also sense many here do not want to acknowledge this, IMO. 

Offline Tom

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #685 on: Feb 21, 2006, 03:12 PM »

Tom,not sure if you are aware of it,but i just checked the links and 5,7 and 8 have exceeded the bandwidth.So has my file.I'm just uploading it again to another site without restrictions.Just thought i would let you know while you are online.

Jennis.x

Wasn't aware . First time at this Malarkey.

Thank you for sorting this

Tom.

Offline streetskater

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #686 on: Feb 21, 2006, 03:19 PM »
It is my feeling that Jake is gay but I also sense many here do not want to acknowledge this, IMO. 

Well Jake himself has not acknowledged being gay--though there are some very specific rumours about that.  I do get the impression that gays here and abroad are attempting to "honor" Jake's privacy--partially out of appreciation and respect for his wonderful performance.  That's fair enough but if he does happen to be gay then I hope he doesn't let the success of Brokeback closet him even more than the normal pressure of being an emerging leading man in American Cinema---which is already pressure enough.

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #687 on: Feb 21, 2006, 03:28 PM »
Wasn't aware . First time at this Malarkey.

Thank you for sorting this

Tom.

You're welcome :)

Hey Tom,i just joined you.I'm now a LUREEN...LOL

J.x

Offline streetskater

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #688 on: Feb 21, 2006, 03:30 PM »
In light of David Putnam being made a Fellow at the BAFTAs--and his endorsement of ALL the important movies nominated for Best Film--his specific acknowledgment of George Clooney's 2 films--would it be appropriate to mention Brad Davis (Midnight Express).  Brad was ahead of his time and died prematurely of AIDs--but rest assured, were he alive today he would be in the forefront of gay-positive movies.

Also,
Although I have my own reasons for wanting to see Brokeback Mountain sweep the Awards--movies like Good Night and Good Luck are SO important and all respect must be paid to Clooney for bring it about.  It makes an imperative political statement that has a compelling significance in the USA today --and I daresay in GB today as well.

Offline alicat

• Lureen
« Reply #689 on: Feb 21, 2006, 03:34 PM »
It is my feeling that Jake is gay but I also sense many here do not want to acknowledge this, IMO. 

Well Jake himself has not acknowledged being gay--though there are some very specific rumours about that.  I do get the impression that gays here and abroad are attempting to "honor" Jake's privacy--partially out of appreciation and respect for his wonderful performance.  That's fair enough but if he does happen to be gay then I hope he doesn't let the success of Brokeback closet him even more than the normal pressure of being an emerging leading man in American Cinema---which is already pressure enough.

I agree.  Jake has never acknowledged being gay and I for one think his sexual orientation is not important at all.  I was just speculating based on what he said at the BAFTAs.  I don't think it matters really, but if he is gay, I would like to think he could be open about it and not hide.  Although I know that success in Hollywood may lead him to do the opposite.  I don't know..i just wish him all the best and hope he can continue to be as lovely and down to earth as he is!