Author Topic: David Poland changes his prediction BACK to BBM  (Read 1824 times)

Offline badnomad

• Cassie
David Poland changes his prediction BACK to BBM
« on: Feb 23, 2006, 02:03 PM »
David Poland of moviecitynews.com, who rocked the prediction circuit by calling CRASH as the big Oscar win, has CHANGED his pick back to BBM!

Though his personal SHOULD WIN is MUNICH, he's called the CRASH momentum over as BBM is still doing well in the box office, still in the cultural forefront, and the FIRST movie title on viewer's lips at the mention of Oscar.

I think at this point anyone who champions CRASH is just "wishful thinking". Even AVIATOR and SAVING PRIVATE RYAN wasn't a sure thing at this stage in the game just 5 days before the Oscar ballot deadline.

http://www.moviecitynews.com/columnists/poland/2005_oscar/060223.html

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: David Poland changes his prediction BACK to BBM
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2006, 02:21 PM »
Thanks for posting this, badnomad. :D

It continues to amaze that BBM does nothing to him other than he reluctantly sees the wave for BBM coming. Munich - his pick of best pitcure? Please....where has this guy been? Munich barely made the Oscar nomination for best picture.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline stephan

• Jack + Ennis
Re: David Poland changes his prediction BACK to BBM
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2006, 03:56 PM »
Sorry if I seem too cynical, but I can't believe this change of prediction means he has changed his mind about BBM's merits. On the other hand, I could be wrong, and I probably am, because love is a helluva force of nature !  :) :) :)