Author Topic: OSCAR LIVE THREAD  (Read 508651 times)

Miss Nice

Re: OSCAR LIVE THREAD - open at 6 pm EST.
« Reply #1800 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:23 AM »
I SWEAR that I'll never ever see Crash!

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
  • Could be like this.. just like this - ALWAYS!
« Reply #1801 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:23 AM »
Goodmornin'!!!!!
Woke up to the news on Swedish radio: "The biggest winner on the oscars this year was Brokeback Mountain" :) :) :)

Ok, I saw the last hour and it's sad they didn't get the best picture..but hey, did you really think they would get that in that homophobic country????

Miss Nice

ignorant stupid Americans!!  >:(

oh good morning
"Sometimes I miss you SO MUCH I can hardly stand it" - Jack <3

RIP Heath ♥ Heath, I swear...

BrokeBack Mountain is the BEST! It has won the Oscar of my heart!

Offline hidesert

• Alma
« Reply #1802 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:24 AM »
We are so hurt because somehow we value Oscar TOO MUCH...
Screw the Oscar and keep our PRIDE: BBM has gone to a place that no other films can...
I don't think people will think of Cxxxx next year but BBM will be mentioned again and again!

Oscars are just one award - think of all of the other awards BBM has won to date.  The Oscars look out of place like something wasn't quite right.  Hollywood is like Wyoming - it doesn't change. 

But it's over and life goes on.  Can't dwell on something we can't change.

Yes in 10 years people won't be talking about Crash but they will be talking about BBM.

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
« Reply #1803 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:24 AM »
I SWEAR that I'll never ever see Crash!

i saw Crash.. didn't like it!! good movie but to win best picture over BBM is no way!! it's not that good!! those f*ckers!!!!

Offline dirtbiker

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1804 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:24 AM »
Well, I just got on here after witnessing the most disappointing outcome.  I have not seen Crash, and all I've heard about it was that it portrayed unrealistic race relations, as if we don't have enough of those portrayals already.  Before, I was thinking of renting Crash, but now, I think the only way I would watch it is if I have a bootleg copy!!!!!!!! DAMN!  Like someone said earlier, it felt like going to a loved one's funeral - that's the sort of tears I shed. The British definintely RULE!  Let's all go watch BBM again this week/weekend to show our support!    :'(   >:(

Offline chameau

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #1805 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:25 AM »
Friends, I understand and share your deception.  However, if we could please maintain the level of respect and friendship that is the trademark of this forum.

Peace my friends!  ;)
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
« Reply #1806 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:25 AM »
Yes in 10 years people won't be talking about Crash but they will be talking about BBM.

AMEN!!

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
« Reply #1807 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:25 AM »
Yeah.it helped African Americans, which is really wonderful, but give me a break........"it's Tough to Be a Pimp" as the best original song, come on!!!!

good one!
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1808 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:26 AM »
Let's all go watch BBM again this week/weekend to show our support!    :'(   >:(

Yes, great idea, dirtbiker
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline Cowboy Cody

• Jack + Ennis
  • Here I IS!
« Reply #1809 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:26 AM »
BBBoy - I would never discount Stonewall and I'm sorry it came across that way. I appreciate what those men had to endure for us. I'm glad you can be out at your work, but I can't. They'd find a way, I'm sure.
You were goin' up there to go fishin'....NO SHIT! GIMME SEX!

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1810 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:26 AM »
Let's all go watch BBM again this week/weekend to show our support!    :'(   >:(

I am so going to see BBM again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
« Reply #1811 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:27 AM »

yes! i sure will!!!

Offline leanmuscled

• Cassie
« Reply #1812 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:28 AM »
Everyone is putting down Crash, but apparently some who speak negatively of it have not seen the movie.

I suggest everyone go see Crash tomorrrow.   I have friends who have seen it 5 or 6 times.  I only saw it once and really liked it.

It was a bit heavy on the racism theme.  But then again some would say Brokeback was heavy on the gay side of things.

matsuki33

« Reply #1813 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:28 AM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
that is a wonderful idea i'm sure that .....

Wait a minute this can call the atention of the news this could be a way to show them which is the best movie and how big was it effect!!!!!

Excellent Idea bokano

Miss Nice

« Reply #1814 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:30 AM »
´So...it's over 60 pages here.... I am trying to find anything about how it went for Jake to be a presenter... I tried the Search function but I need some better keywords than just Jake presenting... Which category did he present??

Offline Cowboy Cody

• Jack + Ennis
  • Here I IS!
« Reply #1815 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:30 AM »
I wouldn't patronize that trash...there's a reason it made little...people didn't like it. If crash is art, I'm the flippin Pope.

I will go see BBM this week, a few times!
You were goin' up there to go fishin'....NO SHIT! GIMME SEX!

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
« Reply #1816 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:30 AM »
Yeah.it helped African Americans, which is really wonderful, but give me a break........"it's Tough to Be a Pimp" as the best original song, come on!!!!

good one!

*scoffs* poor pimps!

Offline CherryCake

• Jack
  • You want a piece of me? YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME??!!
« Reply #1817 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:30 AM »

YES...I WILL SEE IT TWO TIMES THIS WEEK !!
THIS IS OUR WAY OF SHOWING SUPPORT..
"Want some coffee, don't you? Piece a cherry cake?"

Hit me up on Yahoo: PieceOfCherryCake

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
« Reply #1818 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:32 AM »
Everyone is putting down Crash, but apparently some who speak negatively of it have not seen the movie.

I suggest everyone go see Crash tomorrrow.   I have friends who have seen it 5 or 6 times.  I only saw it once and really liked it.

It was a bit heavy on the racism theme.  But then again some would say Brokeback was heavy on the gay side of things.

huh?  ::)

Offline bokano

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #1819 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:32 AM »
Hi, all,

I am really sad right now, and I would like to invite you to join this project which I have mentioned before.

I want to send a postcard with general delivery to Riverton, as what Jack did in the movie. I want to tell Ennis how sad I am and how I feel hopeless to this society. You may want to click the link below. If you are interested, send out your postcard Monday.

http://www.ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=2023.0

Ya!!! Let us make another BBM phenomena AGAIN!!!!

Offline roguejedi

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #1820 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:33 AM »
guys, for me, i'll make it clear....

it's not about "not winning"  nor, is it about "how good crash is, or isn't"....it's more about the Academy chickened out to vote for a gay theme movie as Picture of the Year, cuz it has to face its Conservative watchdogs the next day....

yes, BBM won tons of awards elsewhere...but, because the OSCAR has a huge pull...that's why we are all pissed  >:(

JerBear418720

« Reply #1821 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:33 AM »
Although I am as stunned as everybody here that BBM did not win Best Picture, I think I'd like direct attention back to Ang Lee.  This amazingly gracious man made a point of mentioning the impact of homophobia on gay people everywhere.  I think he knew that Best Picture was not an absolute certainty, so he "got his licks in" while the microphone was his.  His acceptance speech had me in tears.  He is truly one of the classiest people in the movie business.  We owe him a lot.

I also don't think that winning 3 Academy Awards is something to be sniffed at.  No gay-themed movie has ever done that before.  Maybe we didn't witness history on the scale that we would have liked to see it, but this is a highly significant accomplishment, nonetheless.

I believe that Crash won because it is a topical Los Angeles drama.  You've got to believe that a HUGE proportion of Academy members are Angelenos.  That had to have had some impact on the outcome.

BBM punched through a number of barriers that will never stand again.  It is NOT diminished by the fact that it didn't win Best Picture.  I think it's important to remember that.

Yeah, I'm a sad pup tonight, too.  I sure hope, though, that forum members, especially our wonderful young people, will not go to bed tonight thinking that the USA is hopelessly homophobic.  It's not - 8 nominations and 3 wins certainly attests to that fact.  Yes, BBM SHOULD have fared better - but, if Martin Luther King was still with us, I'm sure he'd tell us all that revolutions are hard-won and do not happen overnight.

I sincerely hope that all of you will try and see the silver lining and not be crushed by what happened tonight.  I'm as disappointed as the next gal/guy, but I would hardly call it a shut-out.

JB  :-*

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1822 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:34 AM »

Offline onebroken

• Alma Jr.
  • I love you, Ennis Del Mar
« Reply #1823 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:34 AM »
I will go to BBM again to show my support.  Again and again until they pull it from the theater.  And I will buy three copies of the DVD when it comes out.

I am still crying.  :'( :'( :'(   This cannot be true.  I need a MAJOR sedative. F*ck the people who voted for these awards.

Italian Dude says it best:

"Brokeback Mountain has won the Oscar of our hearts.

and that's the only award that matters."
Jack Twist:  Tell you what...truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it...

Offline arizonamman

• Alma Jr.
  • David
« Reply #1824 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:34 AM »

I saw Crash when it first came out on DVD. It is a good movie but certainly not Oscar caliber. In fact, I walked away from it thinking, that's nice but a little over the top. Like I said before, there were so many people involved in making Crash that by the sheer number of voters from the movie itself, they probably won. I doubt anyone who rents Crash will buy it whereas those who see Brokeback Mountain will buy the DVD.
David

Offline Patriot1

• BBM. What could possibly top it?
  • Jack + Ennis
  • In loving memory of Matthew Shepard 1976 - 1998
« Reply #1825 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:35 AM »
BBBoy - I would never discount Stonewall and I'm sorry it came across that way. I appreciate what those men had to endure for us.

One of those men is here tonight Cowboy.  We certainly don't want the gay community to think they owe us anything.  We just want the cops to remember us before they f**k with us again.
Tell you what...truth is, sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it...

Love is a force of nature.

Offline frenchcda

• Laments of the hearts
  • Ennis
« Reply #1826 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:36 AM »
OK Ok I agree the better of me was overwhelmed by the Oscar lost, HOWEVER, Brokeback Mountain has and still create a culture that will resonate for an eternity in the heart of people such as the 10millions who have seen the movie and have learned that HOPE is in our hearts, so the Remedy to our heartache is to go to the movies and see Brokeback Mountain and realize that we are now part of Jack and Ennis life, they have our hearts, let it be Ennis would say and Oscars or not Love is a force of nature that can't be denied.
Peace and love  forever

One last note: Now we all thougth we had finnished in feeling pain after viewing BBM,
 now we feel how the elite of the academy feels about the world,
 we know what Ennis and Jack know,
 we get killed if they would come to find out,
 so they need to put us back in the closet,
 my dearest hope and dream is that one day
 I will stand on that podium with an oscar at hand
 and BBM will folow in my heart yelling its dues
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2006, 12:43 AM by frenchcda »
       what is a belief if not a lack of knowing

My wounds are deeper than your desires

www.wordsofpeace.com

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1827 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:37 AM »

Offline hidesert

• Alma
« Reply #1828 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:37 AM »
Italian Dude - You are soo lucky to live in a country that places some value and pride in their gay community. Don't ever regret where you are or feel that there's more South of the border...The only thing here is hatred, unadulterated, racist, homophobes.

Thanks Cowboy Cody, I am very proud to be Canadian for that reason that we actually have rights here in Canada. I can almost guarentee if there was a Canadian equivelant as big as the Academy.. I can confidently say that Brokeback Mountain would have won. It's not a full 'horray for being gay' there are still people who are against it very much so, such as our current Prime Minister.. ugh.

But we have the right to marry and that makes me happy thinking that I can actually have a life in the future and have the same rights as everyone else. There are still homophobes, but it is true that it is nothing compared to the United States. I did envy the United States when I was younger, now I pity it (politically). ugh. Come move to Canada! lol!   

Yes Canada is the place of the future.  You just have to get rid of that Conservative government but it's a minority government so it won't take too long.  Western Europe and Canada are the progressive areas along with a few blue states in the US. 

"The only thing here is hatred, unadulterated, racist, homophobes."  Yeah there is plenty of it here - some of the racism and homophobia is open but much of it is subtle. 

Offline gayhunky

• Cassie
« Reply #1829 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:38 AM »
Anyone watching Jimmy Kimmel live after the Oscars???? If you aren't, don't!!!!!  He's adding insult to injury.