Author Topic: OSCAR LIVE THREAD  (Read 508638 times)

Offline boots

• Lureen
  • angle of repose
Re: OSCAR LIVE THREAD - open at 6 pm EST.
« Reply #1710 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:41 PM »
Crash will not be on anyone's lips or mind in a year from now, definitely not in ten or fifteen...not fifty.  Brokeback will.  You know and I know, and even the Academy knows it.  This is no real loss, except for the loss of recognition (which hurts, yes). 

But the power of this story is undiminished.

I love how Any referred to the characters of Ennis and Jack in his acceptance speech.  That says a lot. 

``[Jack and Ennis] taught all of us who made `Brokeback Mountain' so much about not just the gay men and women whose love is denied by society, but just as important, the greatness of love itself.'' -- Ang Lee

Offline Russianman

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #1711 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:41 PM »
The truth is... We do not need the Oscars to know that BBM is great! We love it not because of its awards and nominations! We love it because it is a story about true feelings!

Thank youfriends for being together tonight!!!!!
Yea, well try this one and I'll say it  just once!

Offline Cowboy Cody

• Jack + Ennis
  • Here I IS!
« Reply #1712 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:42 PM »
I'm numb.

Thank God for the Brits! At least they "GET IT"! WE fought a Revolutionary War so we could be the Conservative bastion of the World...GET ME THE F*CK OUTTA THIS COUNTRY....NOW!
You were goin' up there to go fishin'....NO SHIT! GIMME SEX!

Offline Jack_ME

• My philosophy
  • Lureen
  • Jack in Maine
« Reply #1713 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:42 PM »
Brothers, Sisters and Friends,

You all seem to have forgotten what many, if not most of us, have said already...

"Brokeback Mountain" has already won the highest award any movie could ever win....

OUR HEARTS.   :'(

Let us this night celebrate that.

Yes, Patriot1, you are right. It is a great film, and it still is a great film, and it was nominated for 8 awards, and it won 3 awards. Not every film can boast that (and you know if advertising and promotions an Academy Award Nominated Picture, is used interchangeably with Academy Award Winning Picture...so in the rest of it's run it will still get some boast) And as we all said earlier on, how many films and acting awards have the Oscars gone to over the years that AREN'T the best the greatest of time, or even of their year. It happens.

We all gave it and all involved, the Oscar of our Hearts and we sent postcards and letters to that effect, and so we have made an impact which will have some reverberation in the industry.

(Actually, I think Heath looked Relieved! when he didn't win! Honestly thought that. I was in tears for him, but he's either got a great disappointment masking capacity, or he was actually relieved, or at least certainly not upset. Not as upset as we all are!)

I've been here all night, running back and forth from TV room to PC room, reading and watching. It's been fun.
Good night all and Thanks again Ethan and all moderators and all my fellow BBM lovers and supporters!

Jack in Maine

[/b]
MY PHILOSOPHY DISCLAIMER: All my comments concern the MOVIE and the content and inferences obtained there. All interpretations, projections, speculations, and opinions about plot and characters are based SOLELY on the content of the movie. They can not be argued or debated by quoting the printed short story. A comparison of the two media is an interesting discussion but must be a separate discussion.

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
« Reply #1714 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:42 PM »
Join the thoughts and reactions thread http://www.ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=2193.0
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline Italian_Dude

• Jack + Ennis
  • Love is Never Wrong
« Reply #1715 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:42 PM »
Congradulations.

You have made the worst choice possible for Best Picture. Everyone knows Brokeback Mountain deserved to win Best Picture because it was the BEST PICTURE OF THE YEAR. It is a groundbreaking film and it shames me that the Academy did not recognize it as Best Picture. It seems that homophobia runs deep in the Academy and I vow to never watch another Academy Awards Show and I think of this insitution as a sham and a MEANINGLESS award, because the TRUE WINNERS are the ones that don't win because of certain individuals own personal bias. Wake up, it is the 21st century. Every other major insitution chose Brokeback Mountain. The Golden Globes and BAFTAS for example, just to name a few.

I am sickened by your intolerance and I hope you realize that no one regards an Academy Award as an honour any longer because of rediculous situations like this.

I send that to them. I feel a little betters, ******** A****HOLES!
You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's gonna be all right
People keep talking
They can say what they like
But all I know is everything's gonna be all right..

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
  • Could be like this.. just like this - ALWAYS!
« Reply #1716 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:43 PM »
I'm numb.

Thank God for the Brits! At least they "GET IT"! WE fought a Revolutionary War so we could be the Conservative bastion of the World...GET ME THE F*CK OUTTA THIS COUNTRY....NOW!

we're still way way way way way behind all countries!!

God Bless the Brits!
"Sometimes I miss you SO MUCH I can hardly stand it" - Jack <3

RIP Heath ♥ Heath, I swear...

BrokeBack Mountain is the BEST! It has won the Oscar of my heart!

Offline Cowboy Cody

• Jack + Ennis
  • Here I IS!
« Reply #1717 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:43 PM »
The truth is... We do not need the Oscars to know that BBM is great! We love it not because of its awards and nominations! We love it because it is a story about true feelings!

Russianman, thanks for your thoughts buddy!

balchy28

« Reply #1718 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:44 PM »
Anyone watching the oscar.com streaming? Ang Lee just got asked if he felt that bbm didnt win best picture cuz of its subject matter. He said he doesnt know, but its just happened this way. (he said something else but i didnt catch it, sorry!) Obviously bbm didnt win cuz of its subject matter, which is ridiculous because its about an amazing love relationship! Just because its between two men grrr. Anywho im off to bed night! Lauren x

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
« Reply #1719 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:44 PM »

You all seem to have forgotten what many, if not most of us, have said already...

"Brokeback Mountain" has already won the highest award any movie could ever win....

Patriot1 you said it all. Crash is a movie few will see and most forget. Brokeback Mountain will live on for years. I can't explain why it won, it really is all Hollywood politics, but WE all know who the real winner was. We won 3. That's what counts. When I was growing up it wasn't even a subject in films much less TV. Let us celebrate the positives of this moment, not the negative. It didn't go the way we wanted, but it moved us forward. It's the little steps that count. Peace to you all.

There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
  • Could be like this.. just like this - ALWAYS!
« Reply #1720 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:46 PM »
they didn't want BBM to win because everyone knew it deserved to win and they thought - this is so predictable - let's surprise them and pick the worst movie of the year to be the winner!
"Sometimes I miss you SO MUCH I can hardly stand it" - Jack <3

RIP Heath ♥ Heath, I swear...

BrokeBack Mountain is the BEST! It has won the Oscar of my heart!

Offline stationbbm

• Lureen
« Reply #1721 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:46 PM »

Absolutely!  This should characterize all of our deep respect and admiration for the unequalled quality writing, directing, acting and musical talent that was poured into this tremendous masterpiece!!  All of us on this amazing forum should be extremely enriched and privileged by this tremendous film.

stationbbm

Offline jackchristopher27

• Alma Jr.
  • Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over
« Reply #1722 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:46 PM »

OUR HEARTS.

awwww. i forget sometimes. f*uck the oscars. it still doesn't change what the movie means to me.
Like vast clouds of steam from thermal springs in winter the years of things unsaid and now unsayable -- admissions, declarations, shames, guilts, fears -- rose around them. Ennis stood as if heart-shot, face grey and deep-lined, grimacing, eyes screwed shut, fists clenched, legs caving, hit the ground on his knees.

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1723 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:47 PM »

We don't personally need the oscars this is true but the film deserved recognition for it's beauty on all counts.The fact it didn't get recognised in the other catergories was sheer bigotry.
Jennis.x
« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2006, 11:52 PM by Jennis »

Offline CoraJack

• Lureen
« Reply #1724 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:48 PM »
I'm numb.

You got it, babe. We are the conservative assholes of the world.

Offline bharata

• Alma Jr.
  • It's because of you that I'm like this!
« Reply #1725 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:48 PM »
so sad ...  :'(. why c**sh???

feels like I have been cheated

f*ck academy
This is my house! This is my child! And you are my guest! So sit the hell down or I'll knock your ignorant ass into next week!

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1726 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:49 PM »
Absolutely!  This should characterize all of our deep respect and admiration for the unequalled quality writing, directing, acting and musical talent that was poured into this tremendous masterpiece!!  All of us on this amazing forum should be extremely enriched and privileged by this tremendous film.

stationbbm

Yes. Well said. BBM doesn't need to be validated by the Oscar. It has won the best picture of our heart.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline Patriot1

• BBM. What could possibly top it?
  • Jack + Ennis
  • In loving memory of Matthew Shepard 1976 - 1998
« Reply #1727 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:49 PM »

Russianman, thank you for being here with us all.  Wish it had turned out better but...
Tell you what...truth is, sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it...

Love is a force of nature.

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1728 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:50 PM »
Friends, I am literally in tears.

But I am serene.  History will be good to BBM.  And it will always be at the center of my heart.

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
« Reply #1729 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:51 PM »
not leaving.....just time to switch computers.  >:(
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline frenchcda

• Laments of the hearts
  • Ennis
« Reply #1730 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:51 PM »

Russianman, thanks for your thoughts buddy!
It would have been truly and honor to have seen the Academy accept US in this the 21th century and to accept LOVE but they went with racism and hate! I didn't go to the movie very much before and I knew why, Now I know I will not waste my hard earn money on being laugh at and stumped so that HATE wins over LOVE because of its subject matter? had it been two gals or some junkie well that would have been fine, but LOVE come on give me a break. So much for the hollywood fairness to accept the unacceptable, all the queers that have created their f***King movies for decades.
       what is a belief if not a lack of knowing

My wounds are deeper than your desires

www.wordsofpeace.com

Offline Cowboy Cody

• Jack + Ennis
  • Here I IS!
« Reply #1731 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:52 PM »
Ethan - You are right, but then why do I feel like I'm at my grandma's funeral all over again?

Offline karind1

• Jack
« Reply #1732 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:52 PM »
i am not even gay-well hell, who knows, i am 58 and i have been around, but anyway, that said, i am so pissed off and hurt by this, i shouldn't be taking it this personally.  i did not see crash, and i never will.  i don't get this at all.  not everyone was affected by brokeback as we were, but let me tell you when the dvd comes out sales are gonna go thru the roof and people will remember this movie way after people forget that crash ever won.  this whole farce or whatever was a travesty.  the religious right hating pigs will be dancing in the street.  i hope they hit by a runaway train ;D

Offline Lost_Girl

• Ennis
  • If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it.
« Reply #1733 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:52 PM »
Here I came after the battle !! lol

It's 5:45 am it's time to wake up for school but.. I didn't sleep... And I just don't care. It was the Oscar !

I didn't already read all your post here, there is a lot of !!! Happy to see you were a lot of on the topic !

I watch, smile, feel sad and enjoy all the evening the cérémonie. But I don't know, maybe it's just me but Jake look like soo sad... Doesn't he ?

Well.. BBM got 3 Oscars.. That's soo great and Crash, Walk the line win too.. It's "bien proportionner" but of course I would love that BBM win "best movie" but.. Oh... and Ang Lee talk about Ennis & Jack that's was so sweet !! And.. I'm not sure but, just when he received price, he said " I wish I know how  to quite you ? " or I was just dreaming ?

I gonna fall sleep on my computer... lol
See ya, have a good day or night...

And don't forget.. Brokeback Mountain is the winner, the only one because the movie win our hearts !!  ;)
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW BAD IT GETS !!!!

"There are places we can never return"
"When you ain't got nothing, you don't need nothing"

Icon by meowwwwwww

matsuki33

« Reply #1734 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:53 PM »
i agree we won't remember Crah next year but brokeback came to the history and make something that none other movie did win Everybody hearts!!! Brokeback is the best movie Ever ande F+ck Off Crash!!!!!!!

Brokeback Mountain Best movie Ever done[/size]

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1735 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:53 PM »
Friends.  Let us do something constructive and heartfelt.  Let us send the cast and crew of BBM something truly special.  We can plan it out.  I am ready to pledge a thousand dollars of my own money and more for something we can give them.  A million dollars will not be sufficient to repay them for the gift of BBM.

Offline Patriot1

• BBM. What could possibly top it?
  • Jack + Ennis
  • In loving memory of Matthew Shepard 1976 - 1998
« Reply #1736 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:53 PM »

In 1997 Annie Proulx wrote a story about societal intolerance in 1963.  How sad it is that the very same intolerance still exists today in 2006.
Tell you what...truth is, sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it...

Love is a force of nature.

Offline chameau

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #1737 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:54 PM »
Friends.  Let us do something constructive and heartfelt.  Let us send the cast and crew of BBM something truly special.  We can plan it out.  I am ready to pledge a thousand dollars of my own money and more for something we can give them.  A million dollars will not be sufficient to repay them for the gift of BBM.

Thanks TPE
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Italian_Dude

• Jack + Ennis
  • Love is Never Wrong
« Reply #1738 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:55 PM »
OH GOD

My local news is on

"Crash Crashed The Party"

OH MY... I'm sick of hearing that crap already.
You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's gonna be all right
People keep talking
They can say what they like
But all I know is everything's gonna be all right..

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1739 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:55 PM »
Here I came after the battle !! lol

It's 5:45 am it's time to wake up for school but.. I didn't sleep... And I just don't care. It was the Oscar !

I didn't already read all your post here, there is a lot of !!! Happy to see you were a lot of on the topic !

I watch, smile, feel sad and enjoy all the evening the cérémonie. But I don't know, maybe it's just me but Jake look like soo sad... Doesn't he ?

Well.. BBM got 3 Oscars.. That's soo great and Crash, Walk the line win too.. It's "bien proportionner" but of course I would love that BBM win "best movie" but.. Oh... and Ang Lee talk about Ennis & Jack that's was so sweet !! And.. I'm not sure but, just when he received price, he said " I wish I know how  to quite you ? " or I was just dreaming ?

I gonna fall sleep on my computer... lol
See ya, have a good day or night...

And don't forget.. Brokeback Mountain is the winner, the only one because the movie win our hearts !!  ;)

Yes,have to agree about Jake.Something not quite right tonight,but i think you could put it down to tiredness.Can't be feeling smiley all the time,and maybe he was sad for Heath?Who knows.
J.x