Author Topic: OSCAR LIVE THREAD  (Read 508630 times)

Offline karind1

• Jack
Re: OSCAR LIVE THREAD - open at 6 pm EST.
« Reply #1740 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:55 PM »
Ethan - You are right, but then why do I feel like I'm at my grandma's funeral all over again?

we are at a funeral of sorts.  now i am the pessimist.  how quickly things can change.  i was gonna watch the parties..i have no stomach for it i don't think but those who do go to vanity fair website they have live stream.  crash bought their win, i would guess or gave the homophobes some excuse for not voting for BBM. 

Offline Cowboy Cody

• Jack + Ennis
  • Here I IS!
« Reply #1741 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:56 PM »
From Stonewall to BBM...The a$$holes in this country have continually kept us down, whether through Bogus laws or Conservative court rulings. They have used racism, fear, and hatred to suppress a rightful place in society.

God forbid anyone sets me off tomorrow at work, it won't be pretty. I am in no mood.
You were goin' up there to go fishin'....NO SHIT! GIMME SEX!

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
  • Could be like this.. just like this - ALWAYS!
« Reply #1742 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:57 PM »
Crash!!!!!!! this movie sucked!!!! i just didn't wanna say it before so people won't tell me i'm a racist!! but it sucked.. good movie good acting blah blah but could never beat BBM!!! this is wrong!! very vey worng!! i'm speechless!!

BROKEBACK is the BEST movie of the year and it's gonna stay in our hearts FOREVER!! .. f*ck the Oscars!! bunch of retarded A**holes!!
"Sometimes I miss you SO MUCH I can hardly stand it" - Jack <3

RIP Heath ♥ Heath, I swear...

BrokeBack Mountain is the BEST! It has won the Oscar of my heart!

Offline Cowboy Cody

• Jack + Ennis
  • Here I IS!
« Reply #1743 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:57 PM »
Maybe I will buy another poster of the Movie, a BIG ASS one and put it up at school!

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1744 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:57 PM »
Friends.  Let us do something constructive and heartfelt.  Let us send the cast and crew of BBM something truly special.  We can plan it out.  I am ready to pledge a thousand dollars of my own money and more for something we can give them.  A million dollars will not be sufficient to repay them for the gift of BBM.

We should make up our own award or something and send it to them.

“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1745 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:58 PM »
Goodnight lovely people.Enjoyed your company.
Lots of BBM hugs from Jennis.x

Offline scruffy

• Scruff Nasty
  • Jack
« Reply #1746 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:58 PM »
Friends.  Let us do something constructive and heartfelt.  Let us send the cast and crew of BBM something truly special.  We can plan it out.  I am ready to pledge a thousand dollars of my own money and more for something we can give them.  A million dollars will not be sufficient to repay them for the gift of BBM.

Thanks TPE
I think my suggestion earlier was OK.  Lets design an award.  Lets make something elegant and maybe pitch in some money to send an award to the people that didn't get an Oscar and even maybe those that did.

Offline Italian_Dude

• Jack + Ennis
  • Love is Never Wrong
« Reply #1747 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:58 PM »
Another thing is, its hilarious because everyone knows Brokeback Mountain even if they didn't see it.

Hardly anyone has ever heard of Crash. It is a matter of the Academy's homophobia.

Not the "Best" Picture

"Straight" Best Picture.

and something thats not "Straight" cant be "The Best" right? Losers.
You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's gonna be all right
People keep talking
They can say what they like
But all I know is everything's gonna be all right..

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
« Reply #1748 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:59 PM »
Goodnight lovely people.Enjoyed your company.
Lots of BBM hugs from Jennis.x

good night Jennis!  :-[

Offline bnjmn3

• Jack
  • BBM: The Best Picture Show
« Reply #1749 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:59 PM »
The Academy does not want Cowboys to be gay (McMurtry said tonight in press room)...we get the message...so Crash gets the conciliation prize. I wonder how that feels.
We can't change it. We will have to stand it.

Offline arizonamman

• Alma Jr.
  • David
disappointment
« Reply #1750 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:00 AM »
I suppose 3 is better than 1. Best original score was a surprise to me. Without even an editing nomination odds were against best picture. It would be interesting to see the exact numbers. Just the ensemble of Crash alone probably put it over the top. I was slightly disappointed that the camera could not seem to find Annie Proulx even after Dianna pointed right to her. Honestly though, I cannot say that I am surprised as AMPAS is based on peer voting and is influenced by idiots like Jack Nicholoson who thinks he owns the world or at least Hollywood and if you don't play politics with him, you are out of work. Good night and good luck.
David

Offline gayhunky

• Cassie
« Reply #1751 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:00 AM »
Well ignorance has won out again.  It's hard to imagine we're in the 21st century!  And the news said they felt the "Academy" was out out of touch with main stream America.  This is proof that they're right there, in touch, with the ignorant masses.  No wonder they're all so damned happy.......they're living proof that ignorance is bliss.
      Just when I (we) start to feel like main stream America, some event like this comes along to reinforce the that we are perceived as 2nd class citizens!!
   I hope all their breast implants fall out!!!!

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1752 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:00 AM »
Tonight is a wake up call for the Academy and there will be more talks to come.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1753 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:00 AM »
Let us be serene in face of adversity.  God shall be my judge that nothing has changed in my heart.  I hope the same is true for you all.

I apologize.  I cannot stay long as I cannot stop the tears.   I weep for the humiliation of cast and crew. 

Let us be faithful in our belief in BBM and its message.  It is the greatest thing we can do.

Offline 2shirts

• Cassie
« Reply #1754 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:01 AM »
I'm sad and upset right now  >:( :(
What the hell! When I heard Crash for the Best Movie Of The Year, I turned off the TV...

Offline Lost_Girl

• Ennis
  • If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it.
« Reply #1755 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:01 AM »
Another thing is, its hilarious because everyone knows Brokeback Mountain even if they didn't see it.
Hardly anyone has ever heard of Crash. It is a matter of the Academy's homophobia.
Not the "Best" Picture
"Straight" Best Picture.

I'm not totaly agree with you. It's not because the academy don't take BBM for "best pictures" that's mean it's an homophia act. Don't you think ? But I understand how you can be usped by that.. !  ;)
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW BAD IT GETS !!!!

"There are places we can never return"
"When you ain't got nothing, you don't need nothing"

Icon by meowwwwwww

Offline Cowboy Cody

• Jack + Ennis
  • Here I IS!
« Reply #1756 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:02 AM »
I will help in any manner of creating an award to send to them.

Jennis, good night, thanks for sharing in our joys and sorrows tonight. Sweet Dreams to you.

Italian Dude - You are soo lucky to live in a country that places some value and pride in their gay community. Don't ever regret where you are or feel that there's more South of the border...The only thing here is hatred, unadulterated, racist, homophobes.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1757 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:02 AM »
Let us be serene in face of adversity.  God shall be my judge that nothing has changed in my heart.  I hope the same is true for you all.

I apologize.  I cannot stay long as I cannot stop the tears.   I weep for the humiliation of cast and crew. 

Let us be faithful in our belief in BBM and its message.  It is the greatest thing we can do.

tpe I am with you.

BBM will need our support more than ever.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1758 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:02 AM »

Thanks TPE
I think my suggestion earlier was OK.  Lets design an award.  Lets make something elegant and maybe pitch in some money to send an award to the people that didn't get an Oscar and even maybe those that did.

I will abide by any decision reached by consensus.  I shall try to be as generous as I can possibly be.  Nothing is too good for the BBM family.  This I swear.

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
« Reply #1759 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:03 AM »
I was out on the lanai smoking a cigarette, which I shouldn't be doing, and was thinking. BBM has already made over $100 mil world wide. It will continue to make money and touch peoples hearts. Hollywood knows this. They are just trying to promote other Indy films in the hopes that they will make money too. It's all a money game. BBM is about some truths that people don't want to face but it has changed the world I think. Hollywood is about money, BBM is about reality. Let us pray that reality wins at some point.
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline scruffy

• Scruff Nasty
  • Jack
« Reply #1760 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:03 AM »
Tonight is a wake up call for the Academy and there will be more talks to come.

Ethan, when George Clooney made his speech I assumed it was a shoe in for Brokeback.  It was almost like he was giving his other awards away with pride.  I think I like him all the more.  Lord knows I loved his mama.

Offline lorenzo

• Cassie
« Reply #1761 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:04 AM »
We all need to take an add out in the LA Times with the words ROBBED on it!!! This is the most disgusting display ever!!!
How is it that BBM won nearly every critic award all over the country but lost Crash??? Something is not right here?

Offline bokano

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #1762 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:04 AM »
Hi all, I have just got home from my friend's house.

I want to cry  :'(

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1763 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:05 AM »

tpe I am with you.

BBM will need our support more than ever.

Thanks Ethan.  As God is my maker, I shall love this movie always. 

Offline chameau

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #1764 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:05 AM »
Hi all, I have just got home from my friend's house.

I want to cry  :'(

Here's my virtual shoulder, spread tears on it.
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
« Reply #1765 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:06 AM »
Not the "Best" Picture
"Straight" Best Picture.

I'm not totaly agree with you. It's not because the academy don't take BBM for "best pictures" that's mean it's an homophia act. Don't you think ? But I understand how you can be usped by that.. !  ;)

it's homophobia!! they didn't want it to win so the other homophobic bastards won't say .. they let the gays win!! whaaaaaaa how could the gays win!! our children are going to die!! oh nooo!! Hollywood supports gays!! Hollywood is turning people gay!! let's sue them!! arrrrghhhhhhhhh
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2006, 12:10 AM by sweetlilg »

Offline Cowboy Cody

• Jack + Ennis
  • Here I IS!
« Reply #1766 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:06 AM »
The Academy does not want Cowboys to be gay (McMurtry said tonight in press room)...we get the message...so Crash gets the conciliation prize. I wonder how that feels.

Larry McMurty was right. The academy (i use that term loosely) has royally F*CKED UP. IF Gay people in America ever needed a reason to be pissed off, they just got one, in the form a huge slap in the face. 2nd class? Hell people we are considered Steerage!

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #1767 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:07 AM »
We all need to take an add out in the LA Times with the words ROBBED on it!!! This is the most disgusting display ever!!!
How is it that BBM won nearly every critic award all over the country but lost Crash??? Something is not right here?

This is a good idea, but I suggest a more positive message.  Let us congratulate BBM as the greatest movie of 2005, and one of the gretest and most influential of all time.

Offline Lost_Girl

• Ennis
  • If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it.
« Reply #1768 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:09 AM »
Well... Like everyone say... BBM need us support .. so.... WE ALL LOVE BBM.. and it's the only one thing we had too remember and not about industry of movie...  ;)

I'm off. Gonna sleep a little, deux nuits blanche a la suite , it's hard lol
See ya.  :-* And thanks y :-for being here !!
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW BAD IT GETS !!!!

"There are places we can never return"
"When you ain't got nothing, you don't need nothing"

Icon by meowwwwwww

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
« Reply #1769 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:10 AM »

Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)