Author Topic: Oprah: It's here & Your thought  (Read 36003 times)

Offline sweetlilg

• "Jack, I swear..."
  • Ennis
  • Could be like this.. just like this - ALWAYS!
Re: Oprah: It's here & Your thought
« Reply #60 on: Jan 29, 2006, 04:07 PM »
I LOVE U !!!!!!!!

i've been so busy.. i missed it.. and i miss BBM.. and u guys..  :-*
"Sometimes I miss you SO MUCH I can hardly stand it" - Jack <3

RIP Heath ♥ Heath, I swear...

BrokeBack Mountain is the BEST! It has won the Oscar of my heart!

Offline streetskater

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #61 on: Jan 30, 2006, 09:37 PM »
I never bother with Oprah and watching that interview just reminds me of why. And, excuse me, Didn't her Nibs have a lead role in "Colour of Purple" If memory serves the Whoopster' is a tad lesbian in that movie. Methinks her "OH My! Two men kissing" Schick was a tad overwrought.

The Oprah Interveiw was like a public re-hetero-sexualization of Heath and Jack for the benefit of Oprah's bored Housewive fanbase.

I respect the performance the two actors put in to bring their characters to life. Beyond that I don't care what they thought when they were shooting or what they think now. The movie was Ang Lee's creation and HE knew exactly HE was doing.

Time for us to let the actor go on their way and claim the characters as entities beyond their reach now.

----
Gyllenhaal is real cute at the very end of the show when he says, [to Heath] "Jack Nasty Loves You".  It almost makes the whole thing worth watching.

Offline shakestheground

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #62 on: Jan 31, 2006, 03:33 PM »
"Jack Nasty Loves You" is my new favorite catch phrase, I am going to have a sweatshirt made with that one the back.

JNLY!
"The sky looked like a big, giant broke off piece of something blank he had forgotten about"

--Flanney O'Conner, Wise Blood

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
« Reply #63 on: Jan 31, 2006, 05:19 PM »
"Jack Nasty Loves You" is my new favorite catch phrase, I am going to have a sweatshirt made with that one the back.

JNLY!

It's my new MSN picture!!
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
  • "Friend, we got ourselves a situation here"
« Reply #64 on: Jan 31, 2006, 05:24 PM »

JNLY!

It's my new MSN picture!!

Thats great!!! 
"it's Love, Blockhead!"
-Pierre Marivaux  The Triumph of Love

"To love an idea is to love it a little more than one should."  -Jean Rostand

Offline jakeofrome

• Randall Malone
  • Lureen
« Reply #65 on: Feb 01, 2006, 08:56 PM »
I was browsing annieproulx.com's forum today where they also comment about the Oprah talk with the BBM cast. There are some  thoughts virtually identical to those that have been shared here, but there's also a lot of people who didn't like it at all.
Interesting, as always is, to see completely opposite points of view.

I quite enjoyed the show, had very clear in my mind what Oprah is in the contemporary North-American culture and still think that listening to her saying great things about the movie was impressing. The only "go see it" caption means a lot.
Totally loved Anne, who happened to be the smartest, coolest person of the party but at the same time said the most interesting things (how the movie has touched so many people's hearts is bigger than any award etc etc). Loved Jake but that's an old story, still have mixed feelings about Heath but that's another story as well. Michelle was sweet when her boy said she's the perfect mum.

Ethan, I guess all boyfriends find Jake G cocky when you are a BBM fan ;)

Oh and my "Jack Nasty Loves You" t-shirt turned out great  ;D
"I loved it. Shocking. Surprising. The guy who financed my movie did that too. He's a very mild mannered chap from Minnesota and we'd just screened the latest cut of my film and he asked if I wanted to see it. I was thinking, 'OK, this really square, straight guy,' and he showed me this movie. It's amazing.

"They're really good those boys and they did a great job. It's very brave of them."

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #66 on: Feb 01, 2006, 09:02 PM »
Ethan, I guess all boyfriends find Jake G cocky when you are a BBM fan ;)

Oh and my "Jack Nasty Loves You" t-shirt turned out great  ;D

jackofrome, thanks for updating the thoughts. Yeah..interesting statement. Why is that? But that is a topic of its own.

Oprah show, IMHO, is only a marketing tool for BBM and is not meant for PBS. So we need to know who BBM is targeting to - those who have not seen the movie.

I already mention it and will say it again - I love your avatar.  :) Hope it will become a reality when Heath wins the Oscar.

Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #67 on: Feb 02, 2006, 12:43 AM »
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline francis.shim

• aka Jack Nasty who loves you!!!
  • Alma
  • Brokeback Mountain, I swear...
« Reply #68 on: Feb 02, 2006, 08:44 AM »

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #69 on: Feb 02, 2006, 03:14 PM »

THANK YOU! Froggy not-nasty-at-all loves you!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.

Offline Toadily

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
  • "Friend, we got ourselves a situation here"
« Reply #70 on: Feb 02, 2006, 03:19 PM »
Ha ha ha!  Great ones!
"it's Love, Blockhead!"
-Pierre Marivaux  The Triumph of Love

"To love an idea is to love it a little more than one should."  -Jean Rostand

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #71 on: Feb 02, 2006, 03:56 PM »
You are welcome. How can you not like Jake?  ;)

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #72 on: Feb 02, 2006, 06:10 PM »

THANK YOU! Froggy not-nasty-at-all loves you!

I love you Froggy not-nasty-at-all  :P

(not nasty? ::))
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #73 on: Feb 02, 2006, 07:02 PM »
You are welcome. How can you not like Jake?  ;)

like him...but prefer Heath! :P

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #74 on: Feb 02, 2006, 07:03 PM »
I love you Froggy not-nasty-at-all  :P

(not nasty? ::))

I was gonna sign Froggy nasty! but istead typed Froggy not-nasty-at-all... :-[

Offline streetskater

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #75 on: Feb 04, 2006, 11:45 AM »
There are some  thoughts virtually identical to those that have been shared here, but there's also a lot of people who didn't like it at all.

Well I'll go on the record as one of those who, despite liking Gyllenhaal's Jack Nasty Loves You  really did NOT like the whole Oprah Schick AT ALL.  At one point she's says something about "and there wasn't a limp wrist or a lisp in the whole movie".  For that alone she should have been taken back to the Green Room and flogged for the remainder of her show.

Oprah's continued endorsement of James Frey's Million Lies lost her whatever diminished credibility she still had at that point.  She's now too much of an institutions to even get out of the way of her own BS.

Offline Lost_Girl

• Ennis
  • If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it.
« Reply #76 on: Feb 04, 2006, 12:50 PM »

Oprah : All the show.

Thanks  to Kymonine for the video and url.

http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=333YL1PW6KX9D1APN1CTCM90QH

Credit to : Kyomine.
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW BAD IT GETS !!!!

"There are places we can never return"
"When you ain't got nothing, you don't need nothing"

Icon by meowwwwwww

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #77 on: Feb 04, 2006, 12:52 PM »

Credit to : Kyomine.

Thankx, that's why I like youtube, coz people can leave messages to the posters there. With yousendit , it is more difficult to know who made it.

Thankx Lost_Girl

Offline Rod

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #78 on: Feb 04, 2006, 12:58 PM »
So what did everyone think?

Personally, after seeing him today and also on Leno last night, I'm not sure I like Jake's attitude toward the entire film. He sort of has a "Oh yeah, it's a beautiful story but it -is- gay, afterall" perspective. And Heath just seemed sort of noncommital. I realize that they can't put themselves in our place and see the movie from where we saw it, and that a movie is a lot different when you're the person behind the scenes trying to portray it to the world. But it still kind of bugs me out to see it because the actors are so closely wrapped now with my image of Jack and Ennis. I think I'd feel the same way if I saw either of them in another movie. But that's just me.

How about everyone else out there?

Jake does seem to come out the way you describe. I didn't like his interview with Leno either. It makes you think when he said he first heard the movie as gay cowboy and he just didnt want to have anything to do with it. He then said because he was only 16 at that time. Later, he heard that Ang Lee was directing the movie so he came on board. I would hope that his decision was based on the characters and story and how they could inspire him to take on a such role.

You are right. They didn't see the movies from us. Perhaps that explains why this movie is a success because they didn't bear our expections in mind.

I think that Jake on the tonite show was great.  He cannot take himself too seriously, i think he gets his point accross "it is the most beautiful love story i have ever read".  Too me he is very articulate and funny, and adorable.  Heath is very shy physically and emotional, Jake can banter about the "forbidden" subjects without being a turn off to "straight america".  I think he did a great job....

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #79 on: Feb 04, 2006, 01:20 PM »
i think he gets his point accross "it is the most beautiful love story i have ever read".

I loved it too, I actually jumped in my seat when he said that...coz I too think it is a beautiful love story!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #80 on: Feb 04, 2006, 01:27 PM »
I watched again the show yesterday and was very moved by the words from Heath about Michelle being a good mother and loving deeper his girls every day.  When you look at them looking at each other, you feel the sparkles... Man, they are in love!

I also appreciated Jake's humorous but straight forward answers and quotes.

I love this bunch of young and courageous actors!
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline Italian_Dude

• Jack + Ennis
  • Love is Never Wrong
« Reply #81 on: Feb 04, 2006, 03:40 PM »
I watched again the show yesterday and was very moved by the words from Heath about Michelle being a good mother and loving deeper his girls every day.  When you look at them looking at each other, you feel the sparkles... Man, they are in love!

I also appreciated Jake's humorous but straight forward answers and quotes.

I love this bunch of young and courageous actors!

agreed.

I also love how Heath said he personally thinks its a shame for people to voice their opinion of disgust to fiercely to two people who love each other.. That wasn't a direct quote but pretty much what he said.. I thought that was nice!
You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's gonna be all right
People keep talking
They can say what they like
But all I know is everything's gonna be all right..

Offline hidesert

• Alma
« Reply #82 on: Feb 04, 2006, 08:23 PM »
Too me he is very articulate and funny, and adorable.  Heath is very shy physically and emotional, Jake can banter about the "forbidden" subjects without being a turn off to "straight america".  I think he did a great job....

I watched the Oprah interview again and I give it higher marks the second time around.  Oprah's questions were still the usual dumb ones, but the cast handled it so well.  Inspite of the pressure they kept it light especially the Jakester. 

The Gyllenhaal kids (Jake and Maggie) just project confidence - check out their Red Carpet interviews.  I know they're Hollywood babies since their parents were in the business.  But kudos to their parents, it says a lot about how they were brought up.

Maggie Gyllenhaal is a very good actress and deserves higher profile roles.  In "Mona Lisa Smile" Maggie was a very strong character who dominated her scenes.  I'm not a Julia Roberts fan and Kirsten Dunst was ok in the film.   Maggie was also very good in "Happy Endings" a Don Roos film.  Roos makes qirky but fun films - I especially enjoyed his filme "The Opposite of Sex".

Offline The Ultimate Otaku

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #83 on: Feb 06, 2006, 09:43 PM »
My first reaction is "omg I absolutely LOVE it!"  :o

Seriously..I love it. Both Heath and Jake had such thoughtful things to say! The way Heath was commenting about people being disgusted about the way in which two people choose to love, and Jake brought his own life situation into the film, and they had their cranky days, and just...ah, I loved it! I love seeing them, and hearing what they have to say, and seeing Jake.. :D
<3 <3

I can't really see why people mind what Jake said so much. Maybe he didn't say as sensitive things as Heath, and he did joke about it a bit, but not to the point that it ever became too much. In my opinion.

I must say I do feel a little bit...like my bubble has been broken, watching this.  :(  Because when I first saw BBM, the actors became the characters, they WERE Jack and Ennis. But now that I've seen this, I'm afraid that when I next see BBM, I will think of the actors, and Heath and Jake won't BECOME Jack and Ennis again. I fear it won't be believable anymore, watching it again, after having seen the actors on TV and such talking about it and being obviously themselves, and not Jack and Ennis.

Silly, I know... :-[  But nevertheless, it's got me worried now.  :(

The Heath and Michelle thing was sweet...he reminded me of Ennis when he said he loves both his girls!  ;D

And I can't believe the first scene they taped was the reunion kiss where Alma finds out about Jack and Ennis! Imagine doing that scene first! HOW did Jake and Heath do that with such feeling, as if they hadn't seen each other in ages, even though it was the first kiss in reality? WOW. Talk about talent!  :)

I love the way Jake talks about how proud they are of the movie, and how they'll do anything for it, and etc....so sweet.

I laughed a ton when Jake said, "I'll be up there saying 'Jack Nasty loves you'"!  ;D  Yay!
BBM rocks my socks!   :3

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #84 on: Feb 08, 2006, 09:51 AM »

I laughed a ton when Jake said, "I'll be up there saying 'Jack Nasty loves you'"!  ;D  Yay!

We all did!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline alicat

• Lureen
« Reply #85 on: Feb 08, 2006, 03:29 PM »
If you look at Krispera's screen caps from the Oprah show it is obvious that:

Heath is very shy (he holds his hand to his face when answering questions)
Heath has his leg crossed towards Jake, not towards Michelle
Heath and Jake have matching body language (hand clasped)... not sure what it all means other than jake and heath got on well but worth noting!
Did your folks stop at Ennis?

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #86 on: Feb 08, 2006, 05:38 PM »
If you look at Krispera's screen caps from the Oprah show it is obvious that:

Heath is very shy (he holds his hand to his face when answering questions)
Heath has his leg crossed toward Jake, not to wards Michelle
Heath and Jake have matching body language (hand clasped)... not sure what it all means other than Jake and heath got on well but worth noting!

It means that they are comfortable with eachothers, and seek help or comfort. Mirror image is very common from actors doing interviews together, the fact that they "lived" and "worked" together for weeks helped them connect, and also one cannot help copying body language after a while.
We do it to adapt or make sure the others respond to us.
But if you have seen the interview, you will see how many times Heath touches Michelle, gets her to come closer...before she came on stage, he was using Jake as his protector in a way, and as soon as Michelle comes on, Heath starts protecting her. They are really in love too...bugger!

Offline unfoldshadow

• Sun and Shadow
  • Cassie
  • Smile like you mean it.
« Reply #87 on: Feb 13, 2006, 02:31 PM »
...thank you!  ;D
Friend, this is a goddamned bitch of an unsatisfactory situation.

Offline Jack_del_mar

• Cassie
« Reply #88 on: Feb 23, 2006, 01:47 AM »
I cant download the interview on Oprah show of BBM , the download link on www.ihearjake.com was corrupted , so anyone plz , give me another link  :'(

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
 Jean-Louis Barrault