Author Topic: Oprah: It's here & Your thought  (Read 36001 times)

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline ranchgal

• Lureen
Re: Oprah: It's here & Your thought
« Reply #31 on: Jan 28, 2006, 10:07 AM »
Jake was really funny... and, yes, he should do comedy, but doing it
exclusively would not show off his incredible breadth of acting
skills... so I hope he doesn't get type-casted.  He definitely was the
life of the party... so maybe he should have his own talk show!  Gawd...
"Jack Nasty loves you!!!"... that kills!

I can hardly wait for the Oscars--IF Heath would win, I can hardly wait to see Jake jumping up and hugging him and mouthing that statement! LOL

OH ya, Go watch Bubble Boy----he is an absolute riot in it---it is the dumbest storyline, but he pulls it off as a laugh riot, and you can tell he has an excellent sense of comic timing!!  I had to buy the tape after I saw part of it on tv one night.

It is playing Sun. Feb.19th on Comedy Central twice---10:30 am Eastern, and 4:30 pm Eastern.
Between him and that biker---I about fell off my chair!!

Also Good Girl is playing on Oxygen Feb. 2, 9pm Eastern, and Feb. 3rd, 8pm Eastern. But his part in this one is NOT overly funny at all.   More disturbed young man type again.

Offline hidesert

• Alma
« Reply #32 on: Jan 28, 2006, 10:23 AM »
You are right. But I have seen the interview which Heath said how much he was drawn to the script (not to Larry and Diana directly though). I did not remember reading anything which the case refers to Annie Proulx short story.

My boyfriend did comment on Jack for appearing a little bit cocky. (sorry Jake's fans).

For me, I am just happy to see the cast for the first time together and promote this movie. Even though the questions are tiring and old, I still want to see and hear them for the first time.  :)

True they've all commented in various interviews on the fine screenplay that kicked around Hollywood for years. 

It may have been cockiness - I just saw Jake as relaxed and not in awe of Oprah.  Maybe they all had a drink before the show. :-)   

Interesting that Oprah's film clips included at least one deleted scene.  Her voice overs were not necessary.  I admit I don't watch Oprah or daytime TV so I'm not familiar with the MO of her shows.

Quote from: ranchgal
He and Heath both were brought into the movie because of the quality of the screenplay, and the fact that they both trusted Ang to do the movie and their characters justice.
This movie could have been just as bad as Jake originally feared about it IF it would have been in the wrong hands.   That is why it was around for years and NO one would actually try to make it.

these four actors are all under 27 and suddenly placed under every scrutiny that our society can throw at them---just exactly how do you think most mid 20 year olds would handle all that hype??

Yes, Ange Lee really was the key to making the film. James Schamus the producer (and Co-President of Focus Features) wrote the screenplay for Lee's film "The Ice Storm" so they had a connection.  Gus Van Sant and Joel Schumacher, both gay directors had been associated with it but for some reason I guess couldn't get the backers.

I agree, it's amazing that such a young cast is handling the media frenzy so well. They appear to have bonded and maintained those friendships which is a support for times like this.

Each one of them portrayed characters outside anything they've done in the past.  I'd expect producers, directors and casting coordinators will be taking a second and third look at them for future films.     

Quote from: francis.shim
I thought the cast from BBM did a great job, but Oprah was too
time-constrained to really give BBM a fuller treatment that it should
have received....Jake was really funny... and, yes, he should do comedy

Agreed - few questions and so many commercials.  Again I'm not familiar with daytime TV so maybe it's the same with all of the shows.

Yeah Anne and Jake should do a comedy together and give us all the outtakes like "The Trouble with Mary".  They are naturals and it could be very funny.

Quote from: ennisandjack
Parts I didn't like: the way Oprah said Jake kissing Anne must have been such a relief after 'kissing him' (meaning Heath). Poor Heath. Jeez. I mean what sane person wouldn't love kissing Heath

I agree it was a throw away quip and it came across as a little tacky.

I still think Charlie Rose would do a much better interview with the group, but of course it wouldn't get the audience numbers like Oprah, Leno and Ellen.  At this time the studio marketing department is likely calling the shots now, so it's numbers over substance.  Oprah is definitely postive exposure for the film.
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2006, 02:23 PM by hidesert »

Offline Krispera

• Alma
  • krisp luvs you
« Reply #33 on: Jan 28, 2006, 10:45 AM »
I did some capture yesterday:

I think Jake and Heath were uncomfortable to talk about this. Like when Heath said they just do it the faster possible (the kiss) and trow it away then Heath laugh, let's see Jake's reactions:

I think.. Jake did like the kisses  ;D and didn't like what Heath said

Now when Oprah asked about the kiss:

*hit*

They like to look at eachother

Shy?

« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2006, 10:49 AM by Krispera »

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #34 on: Jan 28, 2006, 10:50 AM »
Thanks for the screencaps, Krispera.

Did anyone notice the little dance from Heath when he came on the stage? That was cute. No wonder his portrayal of Ennis keeps us captivated.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline hidesert

• Alma
« Reply #35 on: Jan 28, 2006, 11:14 AM »
Quote from: Krispera
I think Jake and Heath were uncomfortable to talk about this.

Yeah, their body language said it - shift weight on the couch, cross-uncross legs, fold-unfold hands.  Poor guys - how many times can they answer the same boring questions and make it interesting each time.  Print interviewers may want their deeper thoughts, but humor plays better to a studio audience and they were smart in how they handled it.

Most interviewers are just focusing on the titillating aspect of "man-on-man" action - stupid because other than a kiss, a very dark tent scene and a little cuddling in a motel room, there is nothing.  It's mainly implied in the movie.

Funny I haven't heard any interviewers ask Anne Hathaway what it was like to expose her breasts to Jake in the backseat of the sports car or even the reverse.

« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2006, 02:28 PM by hidesert »

Offline karind1

• Jack
« Reply #36 on: Jan 28, 2006, 12:39 PM »
does anyone else know that Jake is filming another movie about the Zodiac killer, and the BBM people got him the day off to go do Oprah?  he is sooooooooo busy, yet his stops what he is doing to do these interviews.  he is a real dedicated person.  for these folk, this movie is over.  they moved on with there lives--unlike us....we are all stuck on brokeback mountain.  i like being there.  this WAS just a movie to them, to us it is something way more.  how much do you remember about what you were doing 18 months ago?  understand they are young and 18 months is a lifetime ago to them.

Offline karind1

• Jack
« Reply #37 on: Jan 28, 2006, 12:43 PM »
  Gawd...

I can hardly wait for the Oscars--IF Heath would win, I can hardly wait to see Jake jumping up and hugging him and mouthing that statement! LOL

if Heath wins, which he absolutely should, he became a character inside and out that was a written on paper character--not like Capote who could be copied.  Heath created Ennis' persona...if he should win, Jake shoud jump up and plant one big juicy passionate kiss on Heath after Michelle does!!  that would be a riot..and just goof up the haters in America.  And be on every cover of every rag.
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2006, 12:49 PM by karind1 »

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #38 on: Jan 28, 2006, 12:46 PM »
if he should win, Jake shoud jump up and plant one big juicy passionate kiss on Heath after Michelle does!! 

Imaging Michelle says "Jake nasty....."

I do hope Heath wins.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline dirtbiker

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #39 on: Jan 28, 2006, 12:54 PM »
  Gawd...

if Heath wins, which he absolutely should, he became a character inside and out that was a written on paper character--not like Capote who could be copied.  Heath created Ennis' persona...if he should win, Jake shoud jump up and plant one big juicy passionate kiss on Heath after Michelle does!!  that would be a riot..and just goof up the haters in America.  And be on every cover of every rag.

I would die a happy man if that happens!

Offline minara

• Alma Jr.
  • The avatar says it all.
« Reply #40 on: Jan 28, 2006, 12:59 PM »
It is a fairly large file 56 MB. Try this link

http://rapidshare.de/files/11984381/BBMCast_Oprah_1.27.06.wmv.html
Awesome, thanks for the downloadable link.  I have a feeling I'll wanna watch this several times =)

JerBear418720

« Reply #41 on: Jan 28, 2006, 01:03 PM »
Oprah has real power - here in Chicago, she is sort of a goddess.  The very fact that she had the BBM cast on her show will definitely translate into more ticket sales.  I mean, her Book Club picks almost always become best sellers just because Oprah says to read them!

We are doing our part here.  BBM is now showing in 7 venues in the Chicagoland area.  Landmark Century Centre 7 near my home has been showing it on 3 screens sometimes as many as 13 times a day since Dec 16.  They have a HUGE marquee outside which is displaying BBM right in the middle as their showcase feature.  EVERYBODY I know, gay and str8, has seen it at least once.  Chicago is a "blue" city, but it is more conservative than NYC or LA.  Despite that, interest in BMM has definitely expanded beyond the northside Boystown area where success was pretty much a given.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #42 on: Jan 28, 2006, 01:20 PM »
Oprah has real power - here in Chicago, she is sort of a goddess.  The very fact that she had the BBM cast on her show will definitely translate into more ticket sales.  I mean, her Book Club picks almost always become best sellers just because Oprah says to read them!

I agree. Whether you like the BBM cast on the show or not, we should be happy to have this coverage for BBM becaue every bit of positive coverage helps.

Offline stationbbm

• Lureen
« Reply #43 on: Jan 28, 2006, 02:04 PM »
BBM Family:

I too caught the Oprah segment with the BBM leads.  For those who are NOT familiar with Oprah Winfrey, you must know this woman maintains a level of opinion and influence like no other person in this country.  Her willingness to showcase the film, the actors, and offer some fun conversation with...let's face it--a very young but tremendously gifted acting talent, all of whom will have great futures...speaks volumes about her interest in this film's messages and themes.  While the show didn't really allow much time for some in-depth discussion around the film, just giving the air time on her show will do wonders for keeping momentum and interest flowing among those who would otherwise not go see this classic for the ages.

I was most intrigued with Heath Ledger...he seemed to be the only one who offered any type of depth to answering any of Oprah's questions.  While there was a lot of tongue n' cheek humor around the controversial scenes, I was struck by how Heath was so genuine and authentic in everything he answered and the way he answered.  His comment too about his "two girls" being the pride and joy of his life just spoke to me about how he's in a very great time of his life and that he doesn't, for one moment, take it for granted.  He seems extremely well grounded and does not seem terribly attracted to all of the glamor and hype and buzz that Hollywood will project over its actors.  Even seeing Michelle, someone who appeared rather shy, quiet-spoken, humble and reserved really seemed to be very complementary to Ledger's personality and values.  Mr. Gyllenhaal and Ms. Hathaway's reflections on how Michelle and Heath connected on the BBM set brought us closer to them.

For a 30-minute segment, I was generally pleased with how well the four actors carried it off.  Kudos to Oprah for giving BBM even more well-deserved exposure!!

Rainy today in Texas!
stationbbm

Offline hidesert

• Alma
« Reply #44 on: Jan 28, 2006, 02:45 PM »
I should have done some research earlier - Ange Lee and Heath Ledger were interviewed on the "Charlie Rose Show" on December 7, 2005.  The show site offers a copy for $34.95, but does anyone have a link to a free online version?

Thanks

Offline stationbbm

• Lureen
« Reply #45 on: Jan 28, 2006, 02:50 PM »
I should have done some research earlier - Ange Lee and Heath Ledger were interviewed on the "Charlie Rose Show" on December 7, 2005.  The show site offers a copy for $34.95, but does anyone have a link to a free online version?

Thanks

Hidesert:

Charlie Rose is excellent!!  Is that true?  Shootz!  That would be an awesome interview with those two...somehow we need to get that posted on this forum...Rose is the only one I know that can interview with any depth.  Certainly someone on this forum can come up with the goods....fingers crossed.

stationbbm 

Offline hidesert

• Alma
« Reply #46 on: Jan 28, 2006, 03:25 PM »
Hidesert:

Charlie Rose is excellent!!  Is that true?  Shootz!  That would be an awesome interview with those two...somehow we need to get that posted on this forum...Rose is the only one I know that can interview with any depth.  Certainly someone on this forum can come up with the goods....fingers crossed.

stationbbm 

I sure hope so, there are many tech genies on this board so I'm hopeful they'll find it.

A comment on another board made it sound like a very interesting interview:

But Heath's Charlie Rose appearance bodes well for him down the line. Quite the little intellectual, who knew? So they won't have to feel like they're handing the big award [Oscar] to some shallow prettyboy. And he is hyperactive, ADHD, everything Ennis Del Mar is not--not to mention sounding like a completely different person with the Aussie accent and without the mumble. That will all impress the hell out of The Academy as he makes the rounds during the voting season.

« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2006, 03:29 PM by hidesert »

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #47 on: Jan 28, 2006, 03:34 PM »
I wanna see it now...gosh I'm off looking for it..I'm sure it's somewhere!!!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #48 on: Jan 28, 2006, 03:36 PM »

Go for it. froggy. You are our treasure hunter. Dinner is on me.

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #49 on: Jan 28, 2006, 03:43 PM »

yeah!!!!!!! BRB..have so much to do...translate italian song..find clip

thank god i love the internet!!!..and you of course Ethan...fancy popping in my kitchen right now, I'm kinda hungry...or maybe you can call my chinese delivery guy?

Offline stationbbm

• Lureen
« Reply #50 on: Jan 28, 2006, 03:45 PM »

Froggy:  Forget it...you find this clip and I'll match Ethan's dinner AND throw in anything from Tiffany's of your choice.  How's that for motivation?

stationbbm

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #51 on: Jan 28, 2006, 03:47 PM »
Froggy:  Forget it...you find this clip and I'll match Ethan's dinner AND throw in anything from Tiffany's of your choice.  How's that for motivation?

stationbbm

Tiffany's...did anyone say Tiffany's..you sure know how to talk to a woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

But if someone wants to add to the offer please feel free... ;)

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #52 on: Jan 28, 2006, 03:54 PM »
Go check News coverage!!

Offline ennisandjack

• Alma
« Reply #53 on: Jan 28, 2006, 04:15 PM »
Krispera, thanks for the awesome screencaps. I agree with you on jake likin the kiss (who wouldn't) and about their great body language/chemistry. Amazing! Love seeing these guys together. They make a great couple  ;)

Offline frenchcda

• Laments of the hearts
  • Ennis
« Reply #54 on: Jan 28, 2006, 07:45 PM »
Hi, I posted a file in another thread regrading  JAKE and HEATH segemnt on OPRAH  friday January 27 2006
teh file can be downloaded from this link:   http://www.ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=672.msg8312#msg8312

Note teh video is WMV 8 minutes long no commercial and excellent quality enjoy
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2006, 09:37 PM by frenchcda »
       what is a belief if not a lack of knowing

My wounds are deeper than your desires

www.wordsofpeace.com

Offline francis.shim

• aka Jack Nasty who loves you!!!
  • Alma
  • Brokeback Mountain, I swear...
« Reply #55 on: Jan 29, 2006, 02:26 AM »
Krispera, thanks for the awesome screencaps. I agree with you on jake likin the kiss (who wouldn't) and about their great body language/chemistry. Amazing! Love seeing these guys together. They make a great couple  ;)

Yes... it melts my heart when I see the two of them together.... but I will let them figure it out on their own, if they love each other... ooooops, sorry, Michelle... just kiddin'

Peace,
Frank

Offline frenchcda

• Laments of the hearts
  • Ennis
« Reply #56 on: Jan 29, 2006, 06:50 AM »
can someone put a link on utube or use rapidshare to put the Oprah show on here. Oprah won't be shown around Europe.

regards,

BBM Sufferer

ps, Someone said they didn't want to see the cast in real life or interviews or other films and it got me to thinking. Do i want to see Ennis and Jack sitting on Oprahs couch and Ennis is with Alma after-all!!!!! Jeeesuuss, I'm a sad bastard!!!!
go to this link you will be able to download  the short version which is about 8 minutes and good quality, it is just the part with Jake and Heath enjoy
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2006, 09:37 PM by frenchcda »
       what is a belief if not a lack of knowing

My wounds are deeper than your desires

www.wordsofpeace.com

Offline Lost_Girl

• Ennis
  • If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it.
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW BAD IT GETS !!!!

"There are places we can never return"
"When you ain't got nothing, you don't need nothing"

Icon by meowwwwwww

Offline shakestheground

• Alma Jr.
« Reply #58 on: Jan 29, 2006, 03:27 PM »
One of the posts mentioned the main actors are all under 27, and it struck me, damn, they are under a lot of scrutiny. I know they have had experenced being a celebrity in the past, but I can hardly imagine any of them were prepared for this. It makes me feel protective of them, I hope only good things for the lot of them.   
"The sky looked like a big, giant broke off piece of something blank he had forgotten about"

--Flanney O'Conner, Wise Blood

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #59 on: Jan 29, 2006, 03:31 PM »
One of the posts mentioned the main actors are all under 27, and it struck me, damn, they are under a lot of scrutiny. I know they have had experenced being a celebrity in the past, but I can hardly imagine any of them were prepared for this. It makes me feel protective of them, I hope only good things for the lot of them.   

Hello shakestheground, you are right. They are young and talented. I do hope too that this movie is ONLY a career defining moment for them and help them move forward and not subject to the politics or unnecessary scrutiny.