Author Topic: Brokeback Mountain” rides into town saddled with expectations!  (Read 2722 times)

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
Brokeback Mountain hits area theaters Friday
By JEFFREY BRUNER
REGISTER THEATER CRITIC

January 4, 2006

“Brokeback Mountain” rides into town saddled with expectations as tall as the Rocky Mountains, and it soars as a landmark film and one of the year's best."

"The soul of “Brokeback Mountain,” however, rests inside Ennis and Ledger is a revelation in the role. Aside from a small but strong part in “Monster's Ball,” nothing up to this point has indicated that Ledger was capable of this. He totally embodies the stoicism of Ennis, each word spoken with a slow, thoughtful drawl that hints at the inner pain eating at him in spite of his rock-solid exterior."

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060104/ENT03/60104006&lead=1
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline natalia

• Alma
Yay for Brokeback!
But I think I speak for (most) everyone when I say...
Heath's perfomance was amazing but Jake needs love too!
Give me your hand
And take what you will tonight, I'll give it as fast
And high as the flame will rise
Cinder and smoke
Some whispers around the trees
The juniper bends
As if you were listening

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
Yay for Brokeback!
But I think I speak for (most) everyone when I say...
Heath's perfomance was amazing but Jake needs love too!

The article does say:

"Gyllenhaal gives Jack a soft but quietly reckless quality as his character searches for carnal fulfillment during the times he can't have love with Ennis. This two-fold infidelity (to both Ennis and Lureen) is a tricky line to walk in his character development, but Gyllenhaal finds a way to make the audience emphasize with Jack."
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline ChefStevo

• Alma Jr.
Hey Frog...
This is Steven From Los Angeles CA... I have something very special for you....but I can't seem to e-mail you about it......Please drop me an e-mail so I can send it to you......
And thanks for this web-site....!
Steven