Author Topic: Why are Liberals Laughing? Globe and Mail Article on Brokeback Humour  (Read 2755 times)

Offline ennisandjack

• Alma
Why are Liberals Laughing?

Brokeback Mountain has unleashed another round of lame and homophobic jokes writes Liam Lacey.

Link to Globe and Mail Article:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20060105/GAY05/TPEntertainment/?query=brokeback+mountain

Offline Apollonos

• Lureen
I had read that the fundies had originally planned to ignore BBM to avoid giving it any additional publicity. The fact that they're starting to attack the movie must mean that they're feeling threatened. BBM is gaining support wherever it goes, and people everywhere are talking about it. This is getting intersting. Go Brokeback Go!

Offline Canata

• Cassie
Talk about the movie to your friends...encourage them to see it. If you got straight friends ....offer to go see it with them. I am so proud that this movie portrays gay guys in regular life rather than the high heel drag stuff. There are a lot of guys in my community (gay) that fix your combines, rework your car engine, are up calving cows at 2:00 am, are welding your buildings...that no-one thinks about. we are part of the family too and we feel this movie is a tribute to us and all guys that have to work ( and fit in) with traditional man roles

Offline Apollonos

• Lureen
Great idea! I went with a straight friend last weekend, and I've already gotten another straight friend so excited about the film that she said she'll drive hours to see it in the closest big city if it doesn't play in her rural community. If enough people do this, I think it could make a real difference in our country's attitude. Go Brokeback Go!