Author Topic: Jake+Heath:MTV Award: Best Kiss Result  (Read 138886 times)

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
Re: Jake+Heath:MTV Award: Best Kiss Result
« Reply #300 on: Jun 25, 2006, 09:59 PM »
Thanks for posting that Jennis!  :)

I liked this the most: It's pretty sad that the majority of the baby-boomer generation can't be as accepting and tolerant as the children they raised.
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #301 on: Jun 26, 2006, 01:03 AM »
June 23, 2006,

The winners of the recent MTV movie awards were voted on by the viewing public, which is generally 16- to 29-year-olds.One of the most popular awards is best kiss.

The winners this year were Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal for "Brokeback Mountain."

I have to credit my generation. This is such a great step in the right direction! It's pretty sad that the majority of the baby-boomer generation can't be as accepting and tolerant as the children they raised.

This award shows that in 20 years,we all will be accepted, no matter the race, color, religion or sexual orientation.

Bravo to my generation for speaking up and showing our fathers, mothers, grandfathers and grandmothers exactly how this world should be -- accepting!

TERRY MUNDELL
Modesto

Link to original source:
http://www.modbee.com/opinion/letters/story/12357647p-13086984c.html

Yes, it's cool that this seems to be an open-minded generation of young people right now.  But there are cool people of every generation; and uncool people of every generation.  As far as the MTV Awards, a lot of not-especially-young people voted in them; and all the Christian Right young people didn't.  I won't get into a history lesson here, but the young people feel freedoms in their lives because the people before them didn't have those freedoms and fought to try to make them possible.

BBM has certainly crossed all boundaries, appealing to the widest variety of people, and this is a beautiful thing.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #302 on: Jun 29, 2006, 12:37 AM »
BBM has certainly crossed all boundaries, appealing to the widest variety of people, and this is a beautiful thing.

kathy

Ditto. Nothing surpasses the pure love among people. What beautiful kisses Ennis and Jack had. Those kisses were deeply from the souls and nothing can defeat that.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline tpe

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #303 on: Jun 29, 2006, 07:34 AM »

kathy

Ditto. Nothing surpasses the pure love among people. What beautiful kisses Ennis and Jack had. Those kisses were deeply from the souls and nothing can defeat that.

omnis qui diligit ex Deo natus est et cognoscit Deum (everyone that loves is born of God and knows God)

Offline jeffjoe

• My name is Joe... Jeff Joe
  • Ennis
  • The magic is in us here...
« Reply #304 on: Jul 18, 2006, 12:05 AM »
they have to win, God exist, i believed now, sure that kiss was THE KISS ;D :^^)
Nunca me alejo, mas allá de una mirada...

Offline Koka

• Heath, I swear!
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Where bluebirds sing and there's a whiskey spring
« Reply #305 on: Jul 18, 2006, 11:29 AM »

omnis qui diligit ex Deo natus est et cognoscit Deum (everyone that loves is born of God and knows God)

extremly well said Thomas, as always  ;)
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you,
for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just around the corner.
All is well.

Offline Fuu_beautifulbbm

• Alma Jr.
  • BB will be in my heart, forever!
« Reply #306 on: Aug 05, 2006, 04:10 PM »
I TOTALLY agree with u guys! (read the first pages)
This is a revolution of the Hollywood world! Or the MTV world, everyting!!!
I'm so d*** happy for them! I think that this award was the heaviest of them all, cause it's also the most emotional thing.. Kisses  <^(
Proud Brokie and Gyllenhaalic

~Their love will never die, it will remain forever!~
~Jack - Ennis~

Offline Daniblondy

• The Short Annoying Blue Eyed Blonde
  • Alma Jr.
« Reply #307 on: Jun 06, 2007, 05:15 AM »
I love that they won.

It is my Favourite Kissey in the Movie and  Jake's "It was definately worth it" comment is just loverly  :clap: :P O0 :8 :cr)