Author Topic: BBM in Australia and Russia  (Read 5396 times)

Offline sergeyvzn

• Cassie
BBM in Australia and Russia
« on: Jan 18, 2006, 12:15 AM »
Since I'm Russian living in Australia, I had to see when it's released in both countries and thought I might want to share it with others

Australia - starts everywhere (but in Townsville and Rockhampton in Northern Queensland where a homophobic cinema owner refuses to screen it saying that he does not know any gay cowboys - but it's another story) on the 26th of January. Though the first night was last Satruday (14/01), in Fox Studios in Sydney and Heath and Michelle were there. I was lucky to see another preview this Monday

Russia - hit the big screen on 20.04.06; you may be surprised to know that it is actually going to be at any major cinema in Moscow and St.Petersburg (not too sure about the rest of the country), no restrictions and lots of media hype already! Considering how homophobic Russia still is, it's just amazing!

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be a huge success in both countries. Brokeback Mountain is just wwhat we need in our turbulent times, it reminds us how important love is

Sergey
love BBM

Sergey

greenfrog

Re: BBM in Australia and Russia
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2006, 01:05 AM »
Hello Sergey,

From what I have heard, they are going to be showing it out Townsville and Rockhampton way now.

But yes Australia Day. Wahoo!! I can't wait to go see it. Just remember the tissues.  :'(

Bye

Luv Greenfrog  :D

Offline gerrox

• Cassie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2006, 05:33 PM »
I am delighted BBM arrives in russia, a country known to show very harsh prejudice to any 'differences' to the white straight world. yay!
my bf is from Latvia in east europe formerly occupied by Russia, but still under influence of intense homophobia. he is very concerned that BBM appears there as his folks need to see it, along with  everyone else! it can only help quash the fears that fester around the world. fingers crossed on that one.
i hope in Australia the coming success of BBM wont be stalled for long by such hopeless cases as that theatre owner on his fekin power trip. what a creep. sheesh!

Offline *Froggy*

• Jack + Ennis
  • No longer using this account: frog123
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2006, 05:54 PM »
Love is universal..and BBM's love is INTERNATIONAL!!! LOL

Look at this forum..almost from all the continents!!! ;D
Support bacteria, they are the only culture some people have!

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne (1533-1592) ~ (Thankx to gimmejack)

Offline pixie

• Cassie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2006, 12:07 AM »
People in Australia - is Brokeback showing in your area? I live in Newcastle, NSW and it's not showing anywhere around here, only in Sydney. I was wondering if it was being banned or something horrible like that?  :'(