Author Topic: Will you watch the Oscars this year?  (Read 4784 times)

Offline jeffjoe

• My name is Joe... Jeff Joe
  • Ennis
  • The magic is in us here...
Will you watch the Oscars this year?
« on: Sep 23, 2006, 12:41 AM »
Before that infamous day, i used to watch and enjoy the show, but when Jack Nicholson say that horribles words "and the oscar goes to... the rest is forbidden to say it here... the oscar die for me, maybe i see it the next year but never will be the same, but, the question is: what will be your position about the next year oscars? if you care of course ;D
Nunca me alejo, mas allá de una mirada...

Offline Italian_Dude

• Jack + Ennis
  • Love is Never Wrong
Will you watch the Oscars this year?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2006, 08:35 PM »
Its the award season once again, and the nominations for this years Golden Globe Awards have been released and I plan on watching the Golden Globes. However, Golden Globe nominations lead to Oscar buzz. And im not so sure about the Oscars, I still hold a little grudge towards them for not recognizing the clearly best picture of the year. So im wondering what do you guys think? are you gonna watch the Oscars? I probably won't, the only movie im slightly interested in as of now thats been nominated is DreamGirls because Im a huge Beyonce fan, so besides that movie, i have no real reason to care about who wins what at the Oscars.     What do you think?
You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's gonna be all right
People keep talking
They can say what they like
But all I know is everything's gonna be all right..

Offline chameau

• Mod Squad
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
Re: Will you watch the Oscars this year?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2006, 10:49 PM »
To be honnest we have to see as much movies nominated as we could.  For this year's nominations at the GG I saw only Babel and Volver, both are very good movies but I would need to see more in order to give a honnest opinion.  Since I do not longer watch TV anymore, I don't think I will open my TV for either the GG, the BAFTAS or the Oscars. I'll just have a look on the internet, IMO there is too much advertisement during these shows to make them really interesting.
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2006, 12:11 AM »
I was never a big awards show person to begin with- I only watched it if something had my interest- re: BBM. So no, I probably won't watch it. Maybe a lot of people will boycott it though. Then again if Jake is presenting something I'll have to sneak a peek  ;)
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2006, 01:48 AM »
I will be the one to boycott.

Just look at the movies nominated for Golden Globes. I wonder where I have been this past year....have no clue for any of the nominated movies.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline Jennis

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2006, 11:56 AM »
I would watch it if our boys were nominated for something or are there presenting.Otherwise i wouldn't bother.
J.x

roconner

« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2006, 07:31 PM »
I'll only watch if Jake and or Heath are involved in it![/size]